Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The Benefits of Bartering

 
A friend who is really proficient at sewing is making me a pen roll - and not just of any material but of this amazing leather!

This will be the outside of the roll, the inside will be made of somewhat thinner natural tan leather and hold 8 pens, 4 thick and 4 slim ones. There will also be a flap to protect the pen's caps from rubbing against each other. It should be ready some time this week and I'm really excited! I've always wanted to have a pen roll but the ones I saw never appealed to me.

What's best is I'm allowed to pay for this with a handmade journal. I think the pen roll should be ready some time this week and the notebook is already finished: dark brown leather with Italian peacock paper cover.

A 5 sized journal with leather back & corners

This paper is gorgeous. I have some stationery with this motif and had been looking to buy a matching journal a while back but couldn't find a convenient option. Of course I'll have to part with this one - it goes to a young woman who is a psychologist -, but I have more than enough of this paper left to make another one for myself.

Sprinkled edges. At the far left: curious tomcat's whiskers!

I pressed the book block firmly between two boards using winches, then sprinkled the edges with watercolor in various shades of blue to match the cover.

I'm not sure how these ridges on the spine are called in English. (If you know, leave a comment!) In any case they complete the nostalgic look.

Spine and corners are made of heavy grain lambskin. It's a little hard to work with as it's quite stiff but I really like the look of it on the finished book.

I love bartering like this, wish there were more opportunities for it.

9 comments:

  1. Here they call them "nerves"
    http://gatzbcn.blogspot.com.es/2015/07/custom-order-for-esther-with-tomoe-river.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome notebook. I have no idea about quality of the paper but binding seems great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to my father who stated to me concerning this web site,this weblog is truly remarkable.

    Stellar Repair For Photo Crack

    RoboForm Crack

    Crack Software

    Pc License Keys

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is the best website for all of us. it provides all types of software and apps which we need. you can visit this website.
    https://chproductkey.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your articles that you have shared with us. Hopefully you can give the article a good benefit to us. Cheap Imprinted Pens

    ReplyDelete
  6. Iconlegalservices - Best bail Lawyers in Chennai - Get Solved your issue with bail advocates and Get legal advice on bail Cases.
    Best Bail Lawyer in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  7. After looking through a few blog articles on your website,we sincerely appreciate the way you blogged.We’ve added it to our list of bookmarked web pages and will be checking back in the nearfuture. Please also visit my website and tell us what you think.Great work with hard work you have done I appreciate your work thanks for sharing it.
    SHAREit Crack
    ProgDVB Crack
    SlimCleaner Plus Crack
    Zoner Photo Studio X Crack
    Topaz Video Enhance AI Crack

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great to explore alternative ways of exchange that go beyond traditional transactions. Your insights into the advantages of bartering highlight the value of community and resourcefulness.
    how old was vickie lynn swayze when she died?

    ReplyDelete